This past week we went camping with the Newcombs for Fathers day. We went up to Vernon Reservoir. It was so fun! We had great food, and Dutch Oven Desserts. It was my first time attempting Peach cobbler. We have had a dutch oven for almost five years and this was our first time busting it out. Very fun. I can't wait to do it again. It was nice spending time with family, and having nothing on the agenda but relaxing. And best of all No phone service. Its freeing somehow.
Lilly was so Happy running free out in the Open but she would get so hot she'd go sit under cars so she could get some shade
And at night when we were sitting around the fire she would insist on me holding her, and since I can't sit for long anyway she found a nice place on my shoulder and fell asleep
She's so my baby. Don't judge, it fills a void mmkay?
So in other news I had my three month appt on Thursday. It went really well. I got new x-rays, and Everything is looking perfect. All the screws are perfectly where they should be which is such a relief! He said I am right on track, and I he is impressed that I am as mobile as I am, and was commenting that I am only taking half of the meds that most patients are at this point. Maybe thats because I am a freak about being overly cautious about addiction. I've made it too far to mess with that junk at this point. He said that many patients can't even handle getting back to normal work for six months. So he was a little concerned I am over doing it. But he said I just still need to be really cautious about physical activity and lifting.
He decided not to start me on physical therapy for another three months. Too risky. But I do have a couple stretches I am supposed to do daily. The bone that is growing around the rods is looking really great though. So we're on the right track. As of Last week, I had my first good day! I have had three now, and it is making me hopeful for the future. All I needed was Ib profen all day and I was so amazed how good I felt. Short lived though, kind of a tease, because like today the following three days or so are miserable. Kind of odd. But I am so grateful to have a glimpse of the future, its so encouraging.
I think the thing that is making the world of difference is that I have been making an effort to ride my bike everyday(which he was very nervous about) for only five minutes though, and take Lilly to the park every evening. I Know that being more active has helped tremendously in the stiffness and pain level.
What a Nutty Dog! She loves the park!


7 comments:
Huge YAY!!!!! Jess, what good news! I hope that your recovery keeps on going. I'm so happy that you are feeling better. Your doctor is right though...don't over do it!
P.S. I'm not judging your baby! She's adorable! And at least your baby doesn't talk back :) Anyone want a 9 year old girl? :) Kidding
Oh my goodness! I love that pic of you cuddling your pup! What a doll!
I am THRILLED it went so well! You are on your way to feeling normal! I can't imagine what that would feel like after all you have been through! And can I just say how proud of you I am about the prescriptions thing. That is what Jake does for a living. Owns and runs rehab facilities. It affects so many people and many of them start out because of a bad back, or surgery. I am so glad you are being so cautious! Keep up all the good work you are doing!
Such wonderful news Jess! And SO glad that you are recovering well. That's great that you were able to go out camping. How fun! We are moved back to Utah. We'll have to get together for a craft night. I would love that!
Oh Jess I am so happy that you are feeling better! You are so strong! I love you! Let's play soon.
I'm so glad you've had some good days!! yay!
I am soooo happy that you are having some good days and such great news from your surgeon! You will see more of those good days. Sure love you and miss you! Camping sounds so fun. It's been forever since we've gone. Never really with the kids. I can't wiat to do it with them sometime soon. Talk to you soon--- love you!
Post a Comment