CXCC Jessie and Tim link href='http://jessicanewcomb.webs.com/sifr.css' media='all' rel='stylesheet' type='text/css'/>
CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, January 06, 2009




Nat Michael and Ellie came to visit right when I got home. This picture above is the last thing I remember before the put me under.






The pouty face was due to the IV. although it was giving me Lovely medicines, it really was burning going up my arm











Here I am Ready to go!

What a Blessing modern medicine is...I just wanted to share how my surgery went and express thanks to all of you who have extended your kindness, thoughts, prayers and fasting.

Even though I am very very sore, I am so amazed at the things that are already better and in less pain then they were before. I have felt the lord guiding and directing me to find this amazing doctor who performed my procedure.Thanks to him I have complete feeling in my feet and legs which has been excruciating for the last 11 months of my life. Today when I woke up, I was in tears because I walked to the bathroom without tears of pain due to the pins and needles feeling That has been caused by my nerve damage in my back.It has been present in my for so long. That alone is such vast improvement. I feel so incredibly blessed and I hope that my back will continue to heal just as well. It is still so swollen and inflamed, but I feel so strongly that yesterday was the beginning of a new life.. slowly and painfully I will try to to get back to where I was before. And I will never forget a single day of this Trial that has consumed the past 18 months of my life. For some reason that I may never fully understand the lord had a desire for me to experience this pain and Helplessless... maybe it was a test for me to put my life in his hands and have more faith. Maybe it was so I can relate better to others who are suffering. But for whatever reason I can say that I am grateful. I have seen such compassion from so many and I will strive everyday to have a little more empathy and understanding of those in pain both physically and emotionally. Thank you for all of you who fasted and prayed for me. I was so nervous for surgery, But I could literally feel peace coming over me and I know it was the prayers of my loved ones and the holy ghost being with me. I also want Tim to know how much his strength has helped me. He has been there for me every step of this long journey. His patience and Love has given me reason to want more than anything to get better so I can strive everyday to be a better friend to him and a better wife to him. And to my sweet mother, who has come to stay with us and nurse me back to health. I will be forever grateful. She has been so kind and reasurring to me and I appreciate it so much. As you can tell I feel so blessed and grateful for all that the lord has blessed me with.

7 comments:

Carrie said...

beautiful jess. i have been wanting to come see you. but preston has been working, and i did not think the kids would be good, you need to be able to relax! :) hopefully really soon! i have been thinking of you i love you, love, carrie.

Candie said...

Hey Jess! I'm so excited than you are starting to feel normal again! I know you are still in a lot of pain right now, but we all have high hopes for you!! Come on, we need to get started on this whole kid thing! :) Let us know if you need anything and we will see you on Saturday!
Love ya girl!
Candice

Jenna and Steve said...

Jess it is Jenna! I am so glad that the surgery went well and you are already getting better. I miss ya! Get well soon!

Megan said...

Hey Jess, I loved reaading your entry. I love you so much. I know you're still in a lot of pain but have faith. You're in my prayers and I hope this next week you'll feel that relief!

Lindey&Corbin said...

I love you Jess! I'm so glad your surgery went well! I will see you tomorrow!

Sara said...

Oh Jess! It's great to see that you are finally getting some relief from all the pain! I am so glad that your surgery went well! I am thinking of you and love you tons!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, you got your surgery! It's SO good to hear that this has been such a positive step forward and that you are on your way to ideal living. You're awesome! You go girl! I have been thinking much of you recently, tho I didn't even know that surgery was on the horizon. Heal well!