Monday, April 20, 2009
I have a Confession.... You know the kind of problems that you know are problems but you fear the second you say them aloud you will in some real way be accountable for them? I have a few, and Like I have learned in times past as soon as I open my mouth, or in this last case, start typing... the more my little problem got yanked from a deep dark cozy place inside me called "The place of denial" and situated itself in a place called reality. Its the place where you cannot deny any longer that what you tell yourself to feel better, is in no way justifiable. This is where I found myself after reading and re reading my last post. I decided it was time I do something about it! I had given myself one too many excuses for the reasons why I had gained weight. So I decided to give my body a much needed break from all the sweets, carbs, Black licorice, and of course the Dove chocolates. And I am very excited that It is all actually working. I have lost 15 pounds in the last two weeks! I'm half way to where I want to be! and it feels good that I am wearing some of my favorite clothes again and that My jeans are getting less muffin topped by the day. It also helps that I am going to Hawaii with my sisters in the end of may to visit our Mom and I am dead serious I was getting extremely nervous about the beach. which is so silly because it is one of my absolute most favorite places in the world! That is when I realized that this stupid stinkin weight was controlling my life. If anyone has some good recipes of a healthy nature, I really need some help. I am getting tired of eating the same things every day! But I need to keep this up!
Labels:
I have a confession...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Way to go Jessica! You are such a motivated person. Its so hard to eat good.
The only thing I have been eating lately that is pretty good and healthy is low fat cottage cheese (which I can't eat alone) and frozen mango (from sam's/costco). It has protien and fiber and its sweet. Also multi-grain cheerios have a complete serving of vitamins in one serving and they have a light sweetness to them.
You should be proud of yourself, I think its so hard to loose weight, especially 15 lbs.
I feel the exact same way Jess! This whole weight management thing is soo tough!! I'm excited to start what you are doing and hope it works for me as well! :) p.s. So you are going to Hawaii? LUCKY!! I am so jealous! Is Tim going with you? p.s. we need to hang out this week!
I actually know exactly how you feel! Last year I tried the same thing, and I started a blog to keep track of everything, what I ate, the recipes I used and how much I lost. It is www.theroadtoskinnyisntpavedwithcake.blogspot.com Check it out, you might find some recipes you like! Good luck with it, I know how hard it is to give up on the black licorice :o)
hey jess, sounds like you have been doing GREAT! it's sooo hard and i am proud of you!! i have a serious problem w/ carbs! i crave carbs like there is no tomorrow. also, i am not a huge candy eater, BUT when it comes to chocolate, i NEED several pieces a day, or so i tell myself. i wish i could say that i have recently lost 15 lbs! i need this muffin top and bulging tummy to quit haunting me! i know how you feel by dreading the beach. my neighbor wanted to go to the pool together, and i was like NO WAY! there is no way you are going to see this body in a swimsuit any time soon! you have inspired me to do better! b/c i want to not have to worry if a friend invites me to the pool. (i also have a leg vein problem, but that's another subject! lol) anyway, i wish i could give you healthy food ideas, but i am in need of some as well! for me, i know i need to just work on portion control, EXCERSISE, and quit eating late at night.
i am excited for you to go to hawaii and WAY jealous!! have fun and just wear that swimsuit like it's nobodys business!!!! i don't know what that's really supposed to mean, hahaha, just have the time of your life!! love you!
Post a Comment