CXCC Jessie and Tim link href='http://jessicanewcomb.webs.com/sifr.css' media='all' rel='stylesheet' type='text/css'/>
CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, May 07, 2009

It is time that I take a step back and count my blessings. I believe with all my heart that we are here on this earth to be tested... lately my tests have been getting the best of me. But the stresses have turned into blessings. Our life has been a whirlwind the past four months... well I take that back. . about a year and a half since that is when the salon opened and changed out lives forever. sometimes my pride gets the best of me and I say to myself I can do this on my own and A stubborn streak comes through me and tries to convince me that I am strong enough, and I don't need help from others. And to those who see my verge of breakdowns almost on a daily basis, I can't even explain the gratitude I feel for you stepping in a and helping me while I am down. I pray someday that I can return the favor..having siblings and friends like you in our lives are the best blessing I could ask for! The last few weeks have been abnormally chaotic. Up early and working late! But the Spa is looking absolutely beautiful. Just as I imagined. And it will be open next week! I will post some pictures soon! I know that there would be no way with out the strength of my heavenly father that I am capable of making it through all of this with my back healing, but it is starting to get better. I know I am being watched over. Its strange to take a step back and see what we have accomplished... In some ways I have regrets that I could have handled situations differently and vented in more healthy ways.. But I am just in Awe that we are finally here.. and that someday... hopefully sooner than later our dreams will pan out.. and all of our hard work will have been worth it. I don't write this because I feel my life is unfair, or that I feel slighted, I just have to take a step back and take it all in.But I love that I get to make women feel beautiful about themselves and make their day, even just a smidgen better. This is all I have on my mind, i'm sorry if it is boring, But I've been up all night not able to sleep and I had to write it down... Just something that I needed to get off of my chest from time to time. Oh yes and I forgot I have lost another 5 lbs. so twenty down! Whohoo!! 10 more to go!

2 comments:

Dezra Marshall said...

good job jess! I've lost 25 on my diet, doesn't it fill great!

Chelsie said...

Hey Jess!! This is Chelsie Toyn, the one whose small child upstairs probably often wakes you up in the middle of the night, (sorry about that)! I was just out for a walk today and saw your sign for the stuff at the spa so I googled the spa, which led me to the spa blog, which led me here. Does that sound creepy? Ha, just wanted to drop you and note and tell you how much we enjoy being your guys neighbor! You're so sweet, and 20 lbs is amazing!!!! holy cow!! If you ever need anything, give me a call! Feel free to drop by our blog, toyntribune.blogspot.com