Monday, September 14, 2009
Today I headed south of home to do errands. I do this pretty much weekly as I restock the Salon and Spa, getting all kinds of color, waxes and all kinds of crazy things we need to keep us going. But today as I headed down to Provo I felt like My senses were awakened I headed into an intense thunder storm. My absolute favorite! The clouds were rolling and the random strikes of lightening filled the sky. Some may think i'd be scared of thunder and lightening because my house was struck by lightening as a kid and it burned down. But surprisingly it is one of my favorite things! I love feeling and seeing something so much more powerful than I or anyone can control. In a strange way it gives me peace. I get the same feeling as I look at the view of the Mountains.... My Mountains. The ones that encompass the valley and make things feel Safe. They have such a Majestic way about them, and it brought back such a feeling of nostalgia. I saw Traces of Autumn on the mountain and I stopped to take a Mental picture. Sadly I forgot my camera. It brought back so many feelings of security and intense happiness. I used to sit with my friend Dallas on rocking chairs in front of our houses and admire and stare at the mountains. Lots of times talking wasn't necessary. Because anything that was troubling our thought to be complicated lives was seemingly so miniscule while taking in that view. And as sad or chaotic as we believed our lives to be we knew we always had fall. A time when it all made sense and looking around at nature it didn't matter what any mean girl had said, or what player had broken your heart. It just made sense. Today I revisited that, and I truely needed it. I needed a bit of reminding. And although my life is still chaotic, and girls are still sometimes mean I fortunately found a good man who never breaks my heart. And He and I love a Good Thunderstorm.
Labels:
Thunderstorms
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
The way you put that was just beautiful Jess!
You have always been such a good writer. I miss fall desperately. Yesterday it was a tad cooler...enough so that it made me want to get out the huge pot and make potato, corn and brocoli cheddar chowder. Yum. I miss those mountains and a good storm. I do love sun, but enough...I want FALL! I can't wait to see you. You do have a good man and sheesh! Your fridge looks amazing. Appliance paint? Never knew. Amazing.love you and seeing you soon!!!!
Post a Comment