CXCC Jessie and Tim link href='http://jessicanewcomb.webs.com/sifr.css' media='all' rel='stylesheet' type='text/css'/>
CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Today is one of those days, where right from the beginning before your alarm even sounds, you just know it is going to a terrible day. Instinct or maybe just a subtle feeling you get to prepare yourself for a whirlwind attack of all kinds of bad news! this week has been one of them. Where there cant be enough Diet Coke on hand And my coping methods start to include of course CHOCOLATE!!! Interestingly enough their are little pearls of wisdom in These Dove chocolates that I buy, and I can't stop eating them because I want to look in the wrapper for my next pick me up.... Oh Brother I have a problem! Some people Loose weight when under stress. OH NOT ME. My way of feeling better is ice cream and chocolate and don't even get me started on the amount of black licorice I could eat! But despite my stresses about employees, and some quiting on me.... which is the root of my stress. I've decided that I need to change my attitude about it and maybe lay off the chocolate so much! but come on now, four employees in 2 weeks!! It will all be ok though. We have people coming in several times a week bringing in resumes... but still, it just stings a little when you think all is well, and then SURPRISE! but I will be fine. Our spa is coming along nicely and we are hoping to open mid to end of April! It is going to be amazing! But again opening a second business doesn't do alot for my resolutions to lay off a bit. I guess for know I have to accept that I have zero strength to stay away from my candy! I've got problems. But I tell you buy a bag of those when your having a bad day, and you might just find some pearls too!

So for tonight I will take my dove chocolate message...count your blessings not your worries. And hopefully I will get some shut eye!

8 comments:

Darcie said...

Jessica,
I am sorry for all your stress. I don't know how you do it all. You are amazing for all the things you have done in your life and how accomplished you are. You are wise beyond your years and I have so much respect for you. You always seem like you handle everything so well, but I know what stress can do to your body. I hope things will get better for you one of these days.
love ya
darcie
p.s. your backgroud is cute.

Carrie said...

I LOVE Dove chocolates too! :) And yes, stress causes you to gain weight, not loose it. Well, I am addicted to the show "Biggest Loser" and that's what they say on there. It's so funny how I sit and watch it eating a bowl of popcorn all to myself, and don't forget the chocolate! I have problems....I hope everything will start going a little smoother. Smooth like Dove chocolate ;) xoxo

Tyson Chamberlain said...

HEY GIRL!! I'm sorry to hear about your employees, but I'm sure during the hiring process you will see that it was a good thing they quit because you will find bigger and better! GOOD LUCK! And seriously let us know if you need help with anything!!! Chocolate seriously sounds sooo good right now!! lol... Love ya!!!

Amy said...

Well we owe you guys big time for all your help yesterday so if you need any help getting the spa ready or just need someone to help split the calories of the chocolate, please let us know!

Kate said...

Thats so exciting you're opening a spa! Way to go you two! Hey you may not remember me I used to reception at Dallas Roberts :) Anyway, I hope all is well! Oh and Hey I have something I think you might be interested in seeing, e-mail me and give me your number so I can call ya and tell ya about it :) mrslowe820@gmail.com

Megan said...

four employees! Seriously! I know you'll fill the positions and quick, but that is a pain! I know you'll reach a point where you'll get solid, responsible employees! I miss you and wish we were closer. I can't wait to see that spa too. I want so bad to try to get Hawaii with you two..we'll see! Love ya

pinksuedeshoe said...

Oh yeah, black licorice and chocolate really do make all your problems go away! (well, kindof.)

Jessica said...

I am totally blog stalking you. I found your blog on Lindy's! I hope things are going well, you look great and sound like you are doing amazing! I am glad I found you!